The purpose of this page is to provide some quick thoughts on how to order your journey to learning how to become a Cloud Engineer, based on my own experiences. Most of my experience is with AWS so replace with other cloud provider if need be – the concepts remain the same.
Order of Projects
Put every thing in to Infrastructure as Code and understand how it all works.
- S3 static site with CloudFront (Cloud Resume Challenge is a good place to start)
- Chalice or other Serverless framework for Lambda
- ECS deployments
AWS Certs to Study:
Do not necessarily need to take the exams, rather understand the concepts and how to look up AWS service documentation.
- Architect and/or SysOps Associate
- Network Specialty
- Database Specialty
- Project Management
- Interest in learning for life
- Software Development Lifecycle